Saint Vincent Health Center is a mission-driven hospital. The residency incorporates that mission into its training of residents who are dedicated to their patients, their education and their families.
The Health Center and the residency care for virtually every medical problem, in every age group, to every race, religion and creed, to members of all socioeconomic classes. There is a dedication to service and volunteerism in all employees of the hospital and in particular, the residents.
- Night float system which eliminates long duty hours
- Exceptional training in pediatrics
- Strong adult medicine and subspecialty education
- Dedicated family medicine faculty with strong OB skills
- Unopposed primary care residency giving the residents major responsibility for most hospital patients
- Elective Wilderness Medicine Track (started in July 2010)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship with numerous opportunities for residents’ event coverage
- Full-time faculty geriatrician and behaviorist dedicated to resident education
- Residents can choose either an urban/suburban or rural site for their continuity practice
- Family practice is well-respected and the largest department at Saint Vincent
- Close working relationship between residents and faculty that is both mentoring and collegial
- Resident input in decision-making vital to the curriculum and overall success of the program
- Full-time medical technologist helps all graduates achieve office laboratory director certification